Incorporated in 1992 (under the name Columbus Collaborative Team) the organization was formed to improve accessibility, visibility and availability of services through networking and linkages between resources and families. In 2007, the agency changed its name to Connect Columbus with the addition of a Volunteer Center. The mission of Connect Columbus is to: “Build community by connecting people to services, coordinating activities promoting volunteerism in the Columbus area.”
Our mission is furthered by:
- Promoting collaboration among agencies and organizations.
- Promoting sharing of community resources.
- Organizing task forces and promoting and/or participating in awareness initiatives to address identified community human service needs.
- Providing an organized vehicle to obtain additional community resources and grants.
- Maintaining a database or community services and distributing it for community use.
- Providing a listing of volunteer opportunities and promote volunteerism.
The staff members of Connect Columbus are:
Tammy Bichlmeier, Executive Director
Denise Kollath, Volunteer Center Coordinator
Sue Hoge, Administrative Assistant
The 2016 Board officers and members for Connect Columbus are:
President – Kristi Niemann, Associated Staffing
Vice President – Julie Baumgart, Columbus Community Hospital
Secretary – Kathy Bamesberger, Community member
Treasurer – Tammy Bichlmeier, Executive Director (Ex-Officio)
Sara Colford, Emerson Elementary School
Marlene Cordon, East Central District Health Dept.
Rev. Chris McArdle, St. Luke’s Church
Troy Medinger, Platte County Sheriff’s Dept